Thursday, July 3, 2014

Where we've stayed

Another interesting day, today was my first phonetics class and my first Mount class meeting. I'm looking forward to getting better at speaking. I am also looking forward to the Mount class. It is really an independent study since there are only two of us this year but I don't mind. I feel like I'm gonna learn a lot in that class. I'm not much for grammar and proper speaking or reading beyond for fun. (Basically all the things I am horrible at in English that carried on into French). History and culture however, those I can get into. 
So I know I said I'd share photos of the hotel and the apartment but I've been sorta lax on that. Here you go:
 
The nice spiral staircase in the Hotel des Grands Hommes, was terribly dizzying and steep. Plus being on the fourth floor over here means the fifth floor in America. 

 
I forgot to take a picture the first day when it was all nice but this was our bed area. The room was gorgeous, the ceiling was exposed beams and you could tell it was very old. Also the walls were padded.

 
I take after my dad with this photo. The bathroom was nice. I still  don't understand French plumbing but whatever. 

 
The apartment, taken from where my bed is now. 

 
More apartment. You can see our little bathroom in the corner. 
There may be more pictures of apartment later. Who knows. Happy America Day to all of you who will see this July 4th. Which as I post this is only minutes away for me. I'm actually sorta sad that at this moment I'm not waiting for the first of the celebratory fireworks which have of course been going on intermittently for days. Tomorrow I'm heading into Paris to visit my great-aunt. Here's hoping France's win (fingers crossed) won't be the cause of enough ruckus to knock my travel plans askew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment