Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Where I go to school

Today was just a run of the mill Tuesday at school, we were tired, we complained, we probably learned something, etc. Nothing really new to share but then I remembered that I haven't really talked about the school yet. So it is about fifteen minutes away from where I live, very convenient even in the rain. Also not far from the major shopping area, a great food square, some churches, a grocery store, a Catholic store, and the open air markets. (Basically everything you'd want to go to is perfectly walkable given a half hour.) It is divided into three buildings, Balzac, Rabelais, and Vinci. Fun fact: Rabelais was born in Chinon which is basically right here so he is very much the man of the area. The buildings are all pretty old and creaky with strange layouts. I've not been into Vinci, and I was only in Rabelais the first day so I can't say much about those buildings. All my classes are in Balzac which I don't particularly mind. Makes it easy. I haven't taken too many pictures but here are the ones that I have:
 
Courtyard in front of building that we don't actually use.

 
More courtyard.

 
Same not used by us courtyard.

 
My classroom B14, it features art by a man who once went to school here. I forget his name. Oops, not like I see it everyday or anything. 

 
OMG, another shot of the courtyard. 

 
Already posted I think, but a view of St. Martin's Basilica from a third floor lounge where my friend and I like to play chess.

 
My history classroom is gorgeous.

 
But really.

 
Gorgeous and historical looking.

 
With all sorts of fancy stuff.

  
B11, just down the hall and yet so much prettier.
 
This is the main staircase, it's pretty.

 
And these are the spiral, crooked, stairs, of dizziness and doom that I take to my classroom. They aren't that bad between ground level and first floor but after that I get dizzy and hold on tight. 

One thing that I forgot happened today was that we found out that the French are taught that there are only five continents. The other nationalities were okay with this but the Americans were completely up in arms, especially over Antarctica. For anyone out there who lived in Antarctica know that the Americans, I mean United Statesians since they consider all the Americas to be one continent, in B14 defended your existence today.

Overall I love the school and my main teachers. I can't think of a better place to be and when I realized we only had ten days left I thought I was gonna cry. The people in my class are so amazing and I have had such a great experience with them. I love my Mountain home but this place has been great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment