Thursday, July 10, 2014

"What does je vous en prie mean?"

Yesterday I was really tired and today was no different. There is so much fit into a tiny period that it gets exhausting after a while. I love going to school but I of course dislike actually doing the classwork and such. Today was just a sleepy day though, almost all of us were on caffeine, it was drizzly, and we were still drowsy. Our teacher decided to put on music and give us a five minute sieste. We were quite pleased with that. I was still caffeinated though and my crash was yet to come. So I updated yesterdays post with a few captions not much though. They are pretty much just a bunch of pretty pictures of a castle. After the castle though we also went to Vouvray which is a place where they make wine here. It is called a cave because that is where they store the wine to keep it cold at a constant temperature. It was pretty cool. There was a guide who explained to us how it is done and what happens. I wasn't paying too much attention though. After seeing the cave we got to go taste some of their productions.

 
Entrance.

 
Display of barrels and instruments used in the process. 

 
Still more display - historical really.


 
Down in the cave.


 
Barrels of wine - from 2013 I believe the label said.

 
More wine, I think there are bottles in the millions down there.




 
 Bacchus, the god of wine. A remnant of early Roman influence on the area.
 
Yet again more wine.

 
An outer look at the cave.

 
Another outer look, like a lot of structures it was built right out of the side of the mountain I believe. 

 
Wine tasting. We tried three. I liked the first two but not so much the third. I've had wine before but everything here is so much better, and cheaper too! 

Title goes to an American girl who I guess knew merci but not much more. (For those Americans not currently in a French intensive in France for over a week now it means you're welcome.) 
Tomorrow I have make up class for Monday since we won't have school. Then this weekend it is once again off to Paris. 

No comments:

Post a Comment