Saturday, June 28, 2014

Today (actually by now it's yesterday too)

Today was fun too, and exhausting but in a different way. It was wet and yucky out which does bring down energy but overall beautiful. Today we did a lot but felt American time. When it was nine at night here we felt it was at the most six.
 
We started out at the small restaurant on the bottom floor of our hotel. We thought the walls were fantastic!
 
This was our breakfast. I have never liked croissants but I tried the one with my breakfast and loved it. I also tried what we think was rose jelly but I did not like that.

 
Then we took the RER to Versailles.

 
Awkward Versailles selfie looking like the 90s threw up on me.

 
The gardens of Versailles.

 
Croque Monsieur at a cafe in the gardens.

 
Hall of mirrors.

 
View of gate from inside. 
Honestly we found Versailles a bit underwhelming. Maybe we expected too much but we were not feeling it. We were also tired but still wanted to do stuff. One group left as soon as we got back but my group hung out for a while before braving the rain. We tried to find the others but managed to find a nice restaurant on our own. I bought my first drink! (Gin Fizz, basically a gin tonic) We had fun navigating Paris on our own in the rain. Tomorrow we go to Mass (if we so please) and then we leave for Tours!

No comments:

Post a Comment