Sunday, June 29, 2014

Nous sommes arrivés

So today started out with Mass at Notre Dame. It was absolutely beautiful. I was completely overjoyed. It is so amazing to be part of the Universal Church, no matter where I go He is there! Afterwards my roommate and I bought croissants for breakfast on the way back. It was only a ten or so minute walk from the hotel. And not uphill all the way like at the Mount.
 
Me in front of the Cathedral after Mass

 
Here you can see the tympanum and the back of the Cathedral, the entrance. 
Our train left a little after noon for Tours, it was an experience riding the TGV. Our seats were all together, it's really great having only six of us. Keeps things neat. When we got to Tours my host mother was waiting for us with her dog and two girls from China who are also staying with her. The five of us are all horrible at names and there were several communication errors. I am pretty sure our host only speaks French but all of us students speak French enough for basic communication. The other students on top of Chinese (sorry I didn't ask which language specifically) speak a little English. (Franglias) The food our host cooks is amazing! I'm looking forward to meals. Her dog is very funny and very friendly. My roommate (Paige) and I are in a little apartment behind the house with our own bathroom. It's very small, but very cute. It gets dark so late here, it is after nine thirty at night and still sunny. We are looking forward to starting at the Institut tomorrow. A little nervous but overall excited. 
Also I loved my outfit today so indulge my vanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment